View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0008268||VALENTINA SERVER||Installation||public||2018-05-26 20:37||2018-05-28 19:03|
|Reporter||Chris Zakrewsky||Assigned To||Ruslan Zasukhin|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||8.3.x|
|Summary||0008268: VServer_x64 v8.3 installation package distributes wrong version of vcruntime140.dll|
|Description||When Windows 10 instance is missing installed Distributables package from Visual Studio 2015, VServer installation fails (unable to start Service).|
When running through debugger, I noticed that VServer_x64.exe tries to load the delivered vcruntime140.dll and then immediately unloads it. Then it tries to load it again from several other locations (i.e. the one delivered with VStudio). Then it gives up.
The common ground for all tested platforms was that vcruntime140.dll was missing in C:\Windows\System32.
When installing Visual Studio 2017 or Distributables for VS 2015 the vcruntime140.dll is placed in aforementioned directory and resolved from there by VServer thus cloaking the original problem.
However it is enough to replace the vcruntime140.dll in VServer x64 directory with one from C:\Windows\System32 to get VServer to start correctly.
Looking on vcruntime140.dll time stamp or its version is useless waste of time due to Microsoft's weird approach to versioning (the same "version" and date does not mean the same binary). Go figure...
|Tags||No tags attached.|
Let me clarify, you talk about 8.2.x or 8.3 ?
Yes, 8.3 (I could not choose it in your BugTracker).
Out of 6 machines I tested, VServer wouldn't start on 2 of them. Both were lacking prior Visual Studio installation.
The error message in GUI was about 'not responding' and in Event Viewer was something about 'bad image'. It could mean Windows got confused by multithtreading or something like that, I don't know. Not a corrupted image per se I guess.
|8,3,1 -- fix in .iss -- vcruntime14.dll was used from x86 folder. Must be x64|
|And also msvcp140.dll. The same story?|
|yes, both dlls was fixed in .iss file|
|2018-05-26 20:37||Chris Zakrewsky||New Issue|
|2018-05-28 05:52||Ruslan Zasukhin||Note Added: 0010194|
|2018-05-28 07:32||Chris Zakrewsky||Note Added: 0010195|
|2018-05-28 12:08||Ruslan Zasukhin||Note Added: 0010197|
|2018-05-28 12:08||Ruslan Zasukhin||Status||new => resolved|
|2018-05-28 12:08||Ruslan Zasukhin||Fixed in Version||=> 8.3.x|
|2018-05-28 12:08||Ruslan Zasukhin||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2018-05-28 12:08||Ruslan Zasukhin||Assigned To||=> Ruslan Zasukhin|
|2018-05-28 16:02||Chris Zakrewsky||Note Added: 0010198|
|2018-05-28 16:02||Chris Zakrewsky||Status||resolved => feedback|
|2018-05-28 16:02||Chris Zakrewsky||Resolution||fixed => reopened|
|2018-05-28 19:03||Ruslan Zasukhin||Note Added: 0010199|
|2018-05-28 19:03||Ruslan Zasukhin||Status||feedback => resolved|
|2018-05-28 19:03||Ruslan Zasukhin||Resolution||reopened => fixed|