Table of Contents
Deployment of V4RB MAC UB Application
You have two choices how to prepare your app for the deployment. The first one is preferable.
Standalone Application Package
REALbasic starting from RB2006r4 is able to produce a UB Application, which, in fact, is a package, that you can open via contextual menu of Finder using “Show Package Contents” item.
Now you should make one more simple step to prepare this application for the deployment on a user computer. You should install /usr/local/lib/vcomponents inside your application package.
This is very easy to do with the help of:
- V4RB_v9 SCRIPT for V4RB 9.8 or newer
- V4RB_v7 SCRIPT for V4RB 7.0 or newer
- V4RB_v6 SCRIPT for V4RB 6.1 or newer
- V4RB_v5 SCRIPT for V4RB 5.0 or newer
- V4RB_v4 SCRIPT for V4RB 4.0 or newer
- updated for v4.8 - to copy wx.dylib optionally
- updated for v4.5 - to copy VSDK.framework v1 optionally
- open the terminal.app
- drag script into the terminal window
- drag application into the terminal window
- for Desktop application drag MyApplication.app
- for Web and Console applications drag MyApplication executable file
- for 64-bit application type 64 after space
- press ENTER
vcomponents at System Level
If you develop and deploy a family of applications that can/should be installed on the same user computer, then it is a good idea to put vcomponents only once. It is possible if this folder is at path “/usr/local/lib/vcomponents”, where any V4RB(UB) application can find it.
NOTE: This is the same as you have it now during the development.
For this scenario you should not do anything special, just make sure that your installer installs vcomponents there.
NOTE: actually you can tune your app and vcomponents folder to use OTHER path, e.g. /usr/local/lib/myapp_components. This advanced lesson we leave for you. Use the above script to get the idea how to…