Form Editor - Palette
The Form Editor Palette is where you can find controls and layouts for designing forms.
To add a control or layout item to the form it is necessary to select it on the palette and drag to the desired place. Insertion place will be marked with a bold blue line.
To add a Form Editor Palette object to a form, drag the object from the palette to the desired location on the form.
While you drag objects from the palette to the form, a preview appears as a blue outline on the destination.
After you add an object to the form, you can change it using the Property Inspector.
Once a form is created it has its own Form control in the hierarchy. It is a base for adding all other layouts and controls into it.
Database controls have a small database sign on their icons.
Such control is always bound to the dataset and represents a field of a table or entire table, depending on its type.
- ComboBox - Field – selection control for a field.
- SpinBox - Field – control to input an integer value to a field.
- CheckBox - Field – controls represents a boolean field.
- LineEdit - Field – single-line text input for a field.
- TextEdit - Field – multi-line text input for a field.
- Image - Field – control for dislpaying an image stored in the database or loaded by URL.
- TableView – control to show data from a database table in the grid.
- Sub Form – control to show a form inside of another form.
Layout objects are used to contain and organize other objects within a form to apply consistency.
- BoxLayout – layout lines up controls horizontally or vertically.
- FormLayout – layout manages forms of input controls and their associated labels.
- Widget – provides a container to place layout and other controls into it.
- TabWidget – provides a stack of tabbed controls.
- Expander – provides blank space in a layout, can expand horizontally or vertically.
Widgets is a group of controls not bound to the datasource and they don't directly assign (or show) their values to the table fields.
- Button – control provides a command button.
- ToolButton – control provides a quick-access button to commands or options, usually used inside a toolbar.
- ComboBox – selection control.
- SpinBox – control to input an integer value.
- CheckBox – control provides a checkbox with a text label.
- RadioButton – control provides a radio button with a text label.
- Label – control provides a text display.
- HyperLink – control provides a hyperlink which either opens a default browser window with the specified URL or executes a custom script.
- LineEdit – single-line text input.
- TextEdit – multi-line text input.
- ListView – shows a list of items.
- Image – control provides an image display.
- Line – control to show a vertical or horizontal line.