Table of Contents
Feature Comparison of Valentina Studio vs Valentina Studio Pro
You can try several features of Valentina Studio PRO within the free Valentina Studio. Some of these features are limited until you upgrade to the full version of Valentina Studio PRO.
Valentina Studio PRO adds the following major features (in alphabet order):
- Data Transfer
- Forward Engineering in Digram Editor
- Import of XCODE Model
- Report Editor
- Query Builder
- SQL DIFF
Take at look at each of the features of Valentina Studio Pro you can try within the free Valentina Studio.
The FREE version refers to Valentina Studio, which you can download and use for free.
The PRO version refers to Valentina Studio Pro, the commercial upgrade from Valentina Studio.
This feature allows you to copy records between two different databases. This feature is different from simply importing data.
Use the Data Transfer Wizard to choose one database (mySQL/postgreSQL/SQLite/Valentina/ODBC) to be a 'sources' database. Then choose another database (mySQL/postgreSQL/SQLite/Valentina) to be a 'target' database. You can then specify mapping of source/target tables and fields and load records from db1 to db2.
- FREE: Load of records do not happens actually.
- PRO: Use all features of Data Transfer.
Taking existing databases with tables and other objects, and creating new diagram(s) is referred to as reverse engineering. You can create diagrams and add new tables, and link together with existed tables. You can save such diagrams.
- You can draw totally new diagram(s) in empty database and save them to disk inside of this empty database.
- FREE: You cannot ask Valentina Studio to produce SQL commands, which will create these new objects.
- PRO: Buttons to generate SQL scripts are enabled. You can see that scripts. You can execute them against different databases. You can copy-paste them into your application code.
Import of XCODE Model
This feature allows to import Data Model developed in XCODE for Core Data into new Valentina Database (other dbs will be added later).
- FREE: You can see GUI of this Import Wizard, you can see what objects it is going to produce. But button “Apply Changes” is disabled.
- PRO: Button is enabled, so you can produce final database.
Report Editor is a very major feature of PRO version. Actually it is part of Valentina Reports technology. Report Editor allows you to design reports visually.
- FREE: You can design one and even few reports to play with, but they are not saved to disk. Valentina project file .vsp always will be empty.
- PRO: You can save your job to disk.
Read also FAQ “Can I test before buy?” on this page.
This feature allows you to build SQL queries visually, working directly with tables and links that are a part of the query you want to create. If you aren't a SQL pro, you will find this feature invaluable!
- FREE: You can create SQL queries, but you cannot copy-paste them. So you still can get help from this tool, even in free version.
- PRO: No limitations for copy-pasting the SQL query that you generate.
Compare schemas of two databases to find differences and produce SQL scripts that can transform the first schema into the second. Also it is possible to apply changes directly to the first database.
- FREE: You can see only the number of found differences for all Tables, Links, but you do not see details by each table, and you cannot save SQL scripts.
- PRO: All features available! You see detailed differences, produce SQL scripts and apply changes to database(s).