Table of Contents
This wizard serves for two goals:
- preparing datasources and parameters of comparing;
- executing comparison.
In the end of work, the wizard will show the statistical info about comparison result, and guide you to the page with result, where you can synchronize databases or do other things.
1 - Select Destination DB
At this page you should select a DESTINATION database for comparing. It can be any database supported by VStudio (Valentina, SQLite, PostgreSQL, MySQL). Pay attention, that SQLDiff does not allow to compare databases from different datasources, so the kind of DESTINATION database determines the kind of SOURCE database.
- Connect to… – Invokes drop down menu where you can choose the connection among recent, or invoke Connect Dialog to establish new connections to the database server.
- Open Database… – Invokes drop down menu where you can choose the database file among recent, or invoke Open File Dialog, specified by OS, to open existing database on the local machine.
2 - Select Sources DB
The purpose of this page is to define the SOURCE database for comparing. You can select any database, with the same kind as the DESTINATION database.
3 - Set Parameters
At this pages you can select types and properties of objects, that should be compared.
- Objects – Displays kinds of database objects, that should be compared. If the object's kind is checked, it means, that objects of this type will takes a part in the comparing process. Otherwise, objects of the unchecked type will be skipped on comparing.
- Object Properties – Displays the list of properties for selected object in the Objects panel. If the property is checked, it means, that values of this properties will takes a part in the comparing process. Otherwise, this property of the selected object kind will be skipped on comparing.
- Options – Allows to set the additional comparing options.
Options of Comparing
The options for comparing differ for supported databases:
- Compare Properties – If ON the properties of objects will not take a part in comparing. If OFF the properties of objects will be skipped on comparing.
- Key for Comparing – [Valentina and PostgreSQL] Sets the key, that defines the object. Can be the NAME of the object, or the ID of the object.
- Destination Schema – [PostgreSQL] The schama in the DESTINATION database, that will be processed.
- Source Schema – [PostgreSQL] The schama in the SOURCE database, that will be processed.
4 - Statistic of Comparing
At this page you can see a statistic of comparison, such as the number of compared objects, the number of different objects and the time of comparison.
The View Result button will forward you to the page with result of comparing - difference between databases.