Table of Contents
Valentina for Ruby - Installation on Mac OS
The installation Valentina for Ruby ADK (which includes the components for products such as Valentina Reports for Ruby and Valentina Database for Ruby) is relatively straight forward on MacOS.
Download and Install
- Download the Valentina for RUBY for MAC OS X archive.
- Open the disk image and run the installer. It installs the following items on the computer:
- HOME/Paradigma Software/VRUBY_4
Starting from v4.9, the implementation of Valentina for Ruby on MAC OS X is a 64-bit INTEL binary, which requires 10.6 or higher.
Enabling Valentina for Ruby
Copy “VRUBY_x64_4/vruby_release_x64.bundle” file into the folder where should be all Ruby externals:
/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.9/i686-darwinN.N.N - for MAC INTEL
NOTE: N.N.N - is a version number, which can be different for different builds of Ruby. Just open that folder and check what version you have.
Now you are able to use Valentina in the Ruby programs, but not yet in Ruby on Rails.
Enabling Valentina for Ruby on Rails
- Make sure you have enable Valentina for Ruby as pointed above.
- Copy “VRUBY_x64_4/valentina_adapter.rb” file into the following location:
Now you are able to use Valentina in your Ruby On Rails applications.