Form Editor - SpinBox - Field Help
SpinBox - Field is designed to handle integer values.
It allows the user to choose a value by clicking the up/down buttons or pressing up/down on the keyboard to increase/decrease the value currently displayed. The user can also type the value in manually.
This control is bound to the table field and allows the user to edit its value. The names of these table and field are shown inside of the control in the design mode.
The current value of the spinbox is taken right from the field and each change is applied immediately to the field.
- Data Mode – Defines how the control value change is applied to the field:
- Inherited – The mode is inherited from the parent form
- Add – The value is intended for a new record
- Edit – The value is assigned to the field, but not committed
- Edit And Commit – The value is assigned to the field and committed
- ReadOnly – The value can't be changed
- Filter – The value is used to filter data by the bound field, the filter must be applied manually using the applyFilters method.
- Filter And Accept – The value is used to filter data by the bound field, filter applied automatically.
- Name – The name of the control.
- Field – The bound field.
- Maximum – The maximum value.
- Minimum – The minimum value.
- Read-Only – Defines whether the control is editable or not.
- Auto Fill Background – This property holds whether the control background is filled automatically.
- Enabled – Defines whether the control is enabled or not.
- Font – This property holds the font currently set for the control. The default depends on the system environment.
- Palette – This property describes the control's palette.
The palette is used by the control's style when rendering. The color roles from this palette are combined with the control's default palette to form the control's final palette. The default depends on the system environment and may be different on different platforms. Control propagates explicit palette roles from parent to child. If you assign a brush or color to a specific role on a palette, that role will propagate to all the control's children, overriding any system defaults for that role.
- Tooltip – The tooltip text.
- Alignment – Defines both the horizontal and vertical alignment.
- Expand Horizontal – If ON the control is expanded horizontally.
- Expand Vertical – If ON the control is expanded vertically.
- Width – The width of the control.
- Height – The height of the control (Disabled).
- valueChanged( value ) – This signal is emitted whenever the spin box's value is changed. The new value is passed in value.
- editingFinished – This signal is emitted editing is finished. This happens when the spinbox loses focus and when Enter key is pressed.
- customMenuRequested – This signal is emitted when the user has requested a context menu on the control.
- windowIconChanged – This signal is emitted when the window's icon has changed.
- windowTitleChanged( title ) – This signal is emitted when the window's title has changed, with the new title as an argument.
- created – This signal is emitted after the object is created.
- destroyed – This signal is emitted immediately before the object is destroyed, and can not be blocked. All the objects's children are destroyed immediately after this signal is emitted.
- needUpdate – This signal is emitted when the control needs to be updated, for example, on the change of the current record.
- objectNameChanged( objectName ) – This signal is emitted after the object's name has been changed, with the new object name passed as an argument.