Table of Contents
Valentina Release 6.0 Notes
- [NEW] - Money type added.
- [NEW][SQL] - MERGE command.
- [NEW][SQL] - ORDER BY on views.
- [NEW][SQL] - 'GROUP BY indexInSelect' now works. Similar to ORDER BY.
- [NEW][SQL] - 'GROUP BY exprAlias' now works. Allows grouping by expressions.
- [NEW][SQL] - SQL function group_concat_with_separator( fld, separator ).
- [NEW][SQL] - [UN]SUBSCRIBE channel
- [NEW][SQL] - NOTIFY channel WITH payload
- [NEW][SQL] - SHOW CHANNELS
- [NEW][SQL] - 'SHOW DATABASE PROPERTIES' now have ACL column
- [NEW][SQL] - ACL property for “GET ACL PROPERTY of DATABASE”, “SET ACL PROPERTY OF DATABASE TO '<rules>'”.
- [NEW][SQL] - TRUNCATE [TABLE] tbl_name
- [NEW] - SQLite DB Server! Read more in article.
- [NEW] - REST API for Valentina DB Server, SQLite Server. Read more in article.
- [NEW] - Valentina Report Server can use SQLite DB Server (same and/or another) as datasource.
- [NEW] - Channels subscription and async notification. Read more in article.
- [NEW] - Access Control List (ACL) for Valentina Server and for registered databases.
- [NEW] - ini-File property 'EarlyOpeningDatabases' to force opening of all registered databases on start of VServer, but not on the first request of a DB during connect.
- [NEW] - Now Valentina Server creates/refresh on each start ini.example file.
- [NEW] API for Channels subscription and catch of Async Events.
- [NEW][All] - Change from wxWidgets framework to QT. Yet using heavy C++11 features.
- [NEW][All] - MS SQL database plugin.
- [NEW][All] - SQLite Client database plugin - to work with [Valentina SQLite Server].
- [NEW][Lin] - Now exists one more archive 'vstudio_dynamic', which do NOT include QT DLLs, but is linked against system QT dlls (similar to Skype). Tis allows to use system themas.
- [NEW][Mac] - VStudio.app now is a 64-bit Cocoa application.
- [NEW][Mac] - Works standard Cocoa features: full screen, trackpad, …
- [NEW][Mac] - Support of Retina displays added into many ways. For example, png icons replaced to svg. Algorithms of drawing of reports now take into account scale.
- [NEW] - SQL Editor now have additional left panel, which show schema objects tree, queries prepared in the Query Builder.
V4RB - Valentina for Xojo ADK
- [NEW] Support of Valentina SQLite Server 6.0
- [NEW] VSQLiteDataBase class
- [NEW] VSQLitePreparedStatement class
- [NEW] Example RBDB_way/VSqlite - demonstrates easy switch between Local and Client using the same code.
- [NEW] Wiki page about Valentina Usage with RBDB API for 'Valentina DB' and 'SQLite Client'.
- [NEW] Support of Notifications in Valentina Server 6.0
- [NEW] class VNotificationCenter
- Constructor( inConnection as VConnection )
- Channels() as VStringArray
- SubscribedChannels() as VStringArray
- Subscribe( inChannel as string )
- UnSubscribe( inChannel as string )
- UnSubscribeAll( )
- Notify( inChannel as string, inMessage as string )
- GetNotification as VNotification
- [NEW] class VNotification
- Channel as String
- ClientID as Integer
- IsSystem as Boolean
- Payload as String
- TimeStamp as String
- [NEW] Example VServer/Notifications/Notifications
- [NEW] Example VServer/Notifications/Notifications2
V4REV - Valentina for LiveCode ADK
- [NEW] Library added, which implements access to Valentina SQLite Server from LiveCode.
- [NEW] Example added, which demonstrates work with Valentina SQLite Server.
- [NEW] classes added: VSQLiteDataBase, VSQLitePreparedStatement, VSqliteQueryResult, VSqliteCursor to provide support of Valentina Sqlite Server.
- IMPORTANT to note that these classes provide work with LOCAL copy of SQLite engine also! Thanks to this you can develop Java code using unified OO API.
- [NEW] Example added that demonstrates work with Sqlite Server.