Table of Contents
Valentina Release 8.3.x Notes
- [New] Now the form can be based on the SQL Query
- [New] Sub Forms for Table/View/Query
- [Fix] 8259 High CPU usage with SSH tunnel after switch between different internet connections
- [New] db.Diagnose() now works in multi-thread way if logging of diagnosing disabled.
- [Chg] - Now Valentina Server always is MT version (improved multi-threading). We have removed separate archives of Server_MT.
- [Fix] 8264 - broken processing of “BACKUP DATABASE”.
- [New][Form Editor] - add 'records' property for form, subform and tableview.
- [New][Form Editor] - add 'Reload Records' actions.
- [New][Form Editor] - Automatically update TableView on change of the field it is linked to in the form.
- [Imp][SQL Editor] - Show the connection and database selection controls above the Schema/Queries/Snippets tabs.
- [Fix][Schema Editor] - sorting by size (e.g of Fields) in the Tree View.
- [Fix][PostgreSQL] Don’t generate RETURN NULL statement in the function body automatically
- [Fix] 8268 - in 64 bit installer fixed runtime dlls of visual. Was used 32 bit dlls.
- [New][Form Editor] - The HyperLink control which opens a default browser window with the specified URL or executes a custom script.
- [New][Form Editor] - The Image - Field control for displaying an image stored in the BLOB/Picture field or loaded by the URL stored in the textual field.
- [Fix] 8281 - Excel dump result in more rows than the query result.
- [Fix] 8278 - ERR string is not readable.
- [New] [FORM EDITOR] Added 'currentRow' and 'currentColumn' properties for the TableView
- [New] [FORM EDITOR] Allowed to create QStringListModel from JS
- [New] [FORM EDITOR] Allowed to change source records for forms/subforms/table views from scripts “this.records = this.dataSource.sqlSelect( …. )”
- [New] [FORM EDITOR] Ability to use the query with parameters for the form.
- [New] [FORM EDITOR] Added methods queryParameterValue/setQueryParameterValue to Form/SubForm/TableView
- [New] [REPORT EDITOR] Ability to convert the controls to other types via the context menu. NOTE: for MySQL datasource, for example, it allows the users to transform the field control to the checkbox control.
- [Imp][ValentinaDB] - The default value property of the ARRAY field now can be modified using the array editor (in the Create Table dialog and directly in the Schema Editor).
- [Fix][ValentinaDB] - Fixed editing the ARRAY field values in the Data Editor.
- [Fix][ValentinaDB] - Fixed generation of the default value definition of the ARRAY field.
- [Imp][Form Editor] - Don't reset the source fields on change of the datasource, if possible.
- [Fix][Form Editor] - Fixed crash on change of the datasource.
- [Fix][Schema Snapshot] - Don't create the snapshot of the system schemas.
- [Imp][Schema Snapshot] - PostgreSQL functions file names now include the input parameters type names, not their numeric IDs to be consistent between snapshots.
- [Fix] few issues about ARRAY field and its DEFAULT VALUE in the SQL.
- [Fix] 8298 - Crash on the creation of a new database with enabled privileges.
Valentina C ADK
- [Fix] 8296 - Crash in Server_GetVariable()
- [Imp][SchemaSnapshot] Create function snapshot with the schema in the filename, use type names of parameters in the comment to the function definition.
- [Imp] German translation.
- [Fix][Diagrams] Draw the links between tables in different schemas.
- [Fix][Diagrams] Fix to show related tables in the list if they are located in different schemas.
- [Fix][Diagrams] Ability to create a link between schemas
- [Fix][PostgreSQL] Fixed link count for schema and table (links between schemas were not counted, also it fixed that these links were missing sometimes).
- [Imp] Added new translations into RU and UA.
- [Fix] 8311 Printing pie charts (on Windows).
- [Fix] 8302 Database Events create bogus connections to a database which are subsequently blocking unregistering this database.
Valentina C++ SDK
- [Chg][Win] - Now VSDK contains Valentina MT (“multi-threaded”) DLLs. They are located in the vcomponents_win_vc directory. If you want to use them you must specify them in your project.
- [Fix] 8323[Data Editor] Right-click option “Set to NULL” not working.
- [Fix] 8331 Fix showing “Add Related Tables” dialog for the table that was added to the diagram, removed and added again.
- [Fix] 8332 Improve the rendering of the link lines in the Query Editor.
- [Fix] 8333 Select-list items are swapped on dragging in the Query Editor, not inserted.
- [Fix] 8334 Don't open the SQL Editor on double-click on the database when the Schema Editor is in Diagrams mode
- [Fix] 8335 Ability to load the SQL dump into the connection.
- [Fix] 8336[MySQL] Don't quote synonyms of CURRENT_TIMESTAMP default definition (for MariaDB).
- [Fix] 8281[SQL Editor] Excel dump result has more rows than the query result
- [Fix] 8312 infinite loop when returning to a query whose results have been deleted.
- [Fix] 8340[MySQL] Don't drop links in the dump if “Drop before restore” option is used (they dropped with tables)
- [Fix] 8341[MySQL] Ability to split the records into few blocks for multi-row INSERT or transaction
- [Fix] 8342[MySQL] Fix dumping default field values for the latest MariaDB servers
- [Fix] [MySQL] Save dump options in the user prefs
- [Fix] [MySQL] Add DROP DATABASE statement to dump if “Drop before restore” option is used
- [Fix] [MySQL] Corrected mariadb version for proper quoting (https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/information-schema-columns-table/)
- [Fix] 8345[SQLite] shows columns which can't delete and which are invisible in other tools
Valentina for Xojo
- [Fix] 8337 new property VDatabase.ActiveTable, to resolve rare cases.