View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0003308VALENTINA SERVERWebpagepublic2008-07-28 03:19
ReporterErich GeiersbergerAssigned ToKirill 
PrioritynormalSeveritymajorReproducibilityalways
Status resolvedResolutionfixed 
Product Version3.5.2 
Target VersionFixed in Version4.0 
Summary0003308: If SQL command has umlauts then parser produces not expected console output
DescriptionI think we have found a memory leak in VServer Linux which renders it almost unusable for us.

Our project uses a couple of databases.
- one is used for editing new data
- one is used as a base for translation
- one is used to store the final data
All databases have the same structure.

A PHP script is used to copy records or tables between these databases.
This does not work and produces random errors. It seems that there is a leak somewehere. Each time I try to copy a table, I get different errors from valentina.

We have prepared a test project to show you what happens.

Project details:
VServer Linux Version 3.5.2, Kernel 3.5.3 (release) running on Debian Edge
VPHP Version 3.5.2 (release) running with PHP 5.2.0

We have tested and found the same problem on:
- Ubuntu Linux server edition with VServer 3.6B10 and VPHP 3.6.B10 running with PHP 5.1.6
- Suse Linux 9.3 with VServer 3.5.2 (release) and VPHP Version 3.5.2 (release) running with PHP 5.2.6

Be sure to test it NOT on a localhost. I have never seen it happen on the VServer running on my test PC.
Additional InformationTest project has been sent to Ruslan and Ivan.
TagsNo tags attached.

Activities

Erich Geiersberger

Erich Geiersberger

2008-07-22 04:58

reporter   ~0003676

Some more:

- Deactivate logging
- Run the server in a console window
It puts out random chars
Kirill Pekarov

Kirill Pekarov

2008-07-22 05:31

developer   ~0003677

Please send it to me.
kirill_pekarov@valentina-db.com
Erich Geiersberger

Erich Geiersberger

2008-07-22 08:22

reporter   ~0003678

We have nailed it down now. The problem occurs since the texts contain high ascii chars (german umlauts) like ?¤, ??, ?¶ and ??. The connection type is set to UTF-8.

It seems your parser starts to produce errors as soon as one or more of these chars are contained in the SQL.

Setting the connection type to "Latin 1" is not an option for us.

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change
2008-07-22 04:50 Erich Geiersberger New Issue
2008-07-22 04:58 Erich Geiersberger Note Added: 0003676
2008-07-22 05:31 Kirill Pekarov Note Added: 0003677
2008-07-22 08:22 Erich Geiersberger Note Added: 0003678
2008-07-28 03:12 Kirill Pekarov Status new => resolved
2008-07-28 03:12 Kirill Pekarov Fixed in Version => 3.6
2008-07-28 03:12 Kirill Pekarov Resolution open => fixed
2008-07-28 03:12 Kirill Pekarov Assigned To => Kirill Pekarov
2008-07-28 03:19 Ruslan Zasukhin Summary random errors in VServer Linux, looks like a memory leak => If SQL command has umlauts then parser produces not expected console output