View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0004787VALENTINA SERVERDatabasepublic2010-12-15 20:33
ReporterGary A DeanAssigned ToRuslan Zasukhin 
PrioritynormalSeverityblockReproducibilityhave not tried
Status resolvedResolutionfixed 
Product Version4.5.1 
Target Version4.5.1Fixed in Version4.5.1 
Summary0004787: Database fields only saving 1st character when adding data to a blank field in RealBasic app and even through Studio Pro
DescriptionDatabase fields only saving 1st character when
adding data to a blank field in RealBasic app and even through Studio Pro
Description:
Amending a field in the business table which is blank, after typing new text in,
move to the next field or select a previous record and the new data changes to
the first entered character only.
This is happening in my application as well, on adding new client details or
updating existing ones. Sometimes more than one field does this on updating
record. Also happens on the People table and others.. Re indexing does not
solve.
Amend filed which already has data in it and this seems to save ok.
Cannot distribute my App to clients if Valentina is this unstable.
Cannot use it if loosing data!!! Business Partner Very worried.


Additional Information:
Also when getting a vcursor of Businesses sorted by BBname, bits of a name are
added to the end of the rest in the vcursor. When I tried the sql in Studio Pro
it was returning the first letter of the BBName field.
found that this was cured if I excluded blank names from the vcursor, seems that
Valentina does not like blank fields?
Steps To ReproduceI believe this was fixed in the 4.5.1
and I think you work with DB under VSERVER, right?
TagsNo tags attached.

Activities

Ruslan Zasukhin

Ruslan Zasukhin

2010-04-06 07:42

administrator   ~0005136

Hi was not aware of new version. I have now updated test system with Vserver,
studiopro and rb to 4.51 and the problem seems to be sorted. I will update the
live systems tomorrow and check them.
Thanks for the prompt response.
Could do with an email notification of new version releases though.

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change
2010-04-06 07:41 Ruslan Zasukhin New Issue
2010-04-06 07:42 Ruslan Zasukhin Note Added: 0005136
2010-04-06 07:42 Ruslan Zasukhin Reporter Ruslan Zasukhin => Gary A Dean
2010-04-06 07:42 Ruslan Zasukhin Assigned To => Ruslan Zasukhin
2010-04-06 07:42 Ruslan Zasukhin Status new => resolved
2010-04-06 07:42 Ruslan Zasukhin Fixed in Version => 4.5.1
2010-04-06 07:42 Ruslan Zasukhin Target Version => 4.5.1
2010-04-06 07:42 Ruslan Zasukhin Steps to Reproduce Updated View Revisions
2010-12-15 20:33 Ruslan Zasukhin Resolution open => fixed