1. Lynn Fredricks
  2. as SQLite DB Server
  3. Sonntag, Februar 15 2015, 03:24 AM
  4.  Abonnieren via E-Mail
Read the news on the Valentina Developer Blog; a forthcoming update to Valentina Server will also include a SQLite engine.

SQLite with your application AND SQLite on your Server! Valentina Server is a Business Reports Server as well as an ultra fast Database Server. Soon with SQLite support for building client-server solutions and more.

A new option is coming to Valentina Server – both for the standalone version AND for the OEM royalty free deployable version in Valentina Developer Network. You will be able to easily turn any single user database application into a multi-user application in less than an hour.

Got questions? Here is the place to ask!
Kommentar
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Zakrewsky Akzeptierte Antwort
> It is in 6.2 branch

Ah... *this* was the tidbit I was missing.

I'll wait for the announcement :)

Best!
Kommentar
Ruslan Zasukhin Akzeptierte Antwort
Hi Chris,

we already have implement this for C SDK ... about 12-15 Nov.

* SQLite
* Asynch Notifications

It is in 6.2 branch
We will produce 6.2 in the nearest few days.
Kommentar
Hi Ruslan,

> * yes we will add this during nearest few days.

Which ADK version will have this addition in place?

Alternatively, would you contemplate merging C and C++ ADK in to one package?
Ideally, also providing sources for the C package (as it is only a wrapper), so I would be able to add myself whatever is missing in C ADK but is present in C++ ADK?

Cheers!
/Chris
Kommentar
Hi Ruslan,

Our development does not target SQLite database as the final solution.
I like to see the SQLite solution as a practical way of simplifying distribution of our software prototypes to our clients for testing without hassle of installing and maintaining database products.

Background:
We are developing something akin distributed source version control system but to handle CAD-objects across several workplaces instead of source files (our platform is MicroStation from Bentley Systems Inc.).

There is a formal requirement here to be as much as possible database brand agnostic, as one of designed scenarios is envisioning a classic client-server architecture against a central database server whose brand is to be left open to decide until the very moment of deployment.

So to answer your question: YES! Absolutely, the single API is the thing. In fact it's a dream come true.

Best!
/Chris
Kommentar
Hi Christopher,

if talk about C SDK and SQLite Server.

* yes we will add this during nearest few days.

* for other our ADKs, ADK provide access to both
a) remote Valentina SQLite Server via VCLIENT.DLL
b) local SQLite engine stored in VKERNEL.dll

For C SDK we also can do this of course, just somehow strange looks double wrapping of orignal SQLite engine, made in C, by our C++ wrapper and then again by C SDK.

This brings of course one benefit -- you get the same API for both LOCAL and REMOTE sqlite dbs.

I describe all this in details, and want ask you -- your project need only SQLite Server or it can benefit from this single API also?
Kommentar
Ivan Smahin Akzeptierte Antwort
Kommentar
Hi,

I seem not be able to connect to your SQLite server from VClient using your C ADK.

Database_NewClient() fails on me when Connection_New() was done against remote SQLite VServer.
I also miss in your C ADK something like CreateSqliteDatabase().

Is this something you plan to support in the very near future?
I have an ongoing, large development project with all code written in C so I could test right away if you happen to have anything along these line in the works.

Best regards from Sweden,
/Chris Zakrewsky.
Kommentar
We have decide to add SQLite into VServer first of all to allow Valentina Report Server to use SQLite db in multi-user way.

But we see yet dozen other bonuses thanks to this step.

One of them: we going to add later ability to do near to automatic conversion from SQLite db to Valentina DB.
Kommentar
Hi Johnny,

I am glad to hear that you become Valentina DB fan :)

BTW, I have spend few days developing in wiki new section with some "Good Reasons" to choose this or that Valentina product over competitors. It is far from finish yet, but even now can be found good points, which are beyond of regular docs. It is kind of Tips + Small Articles.

http://www.valentina-db.com/docs/dokuwiki/v5/doku.php?id=valentina:vreasons:vreasons
Kommentar
Johnny Harris Akzeptierte Antwort
This is a nice surprise Lynn! I can't wait to try the first release that supports SQLite, but I'm becoming a bigger fan of Valentina DB. Keep up the good work.
Kommentar
  • Seite :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

Categories

Announcements & News
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Studio
  1. 2 subcategories
Valentina Server
  1. 4 subcategories
Valentina Database ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Reports ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Other Discussions