1. Shanon Hart
  2. Valentina Studio
  3. Sonntag, Juni 30 2019, 03:25 PM
  4.  Abonnieren via E-Mail
I'm confused on how to work with the visual query editor. If I choose to "save" a query that i've built where does it get saved? It doesn't seem that I can edit the name of it ( I can edit the tab name, but not the saved query name), and can't seem to delete them either. I can "open" it again using the "open" command, but again, can't figure out where these are actually being stored and can't find a reference to it in the documentation.
Kommentar
There are no comments made yet.
Sergey Pashkov Akzeptierte Antwort
Hello,

In order to delete a query, you should select it in the "Queries" list and use context menu - action Delete.
To rename it, you can select it and type a new name in the property inspector on the right.

Currently, query data is saved in the user preferences on disk (or in the registry).
Anhänge
Kommentar
Shanon Hart Akzeptierte Antwort
Thank you so much Sergey!
Kommentar
Kevin Akzeptierte Antwort

Currently, query data is saved in the user preferences on disk (or in the registry).

Hi,

In Windows, is this an option / preference?

I had to move to another computer. When I opened my database on the new computer, I saw it didn't contain any of the queries I had created with the Visual Query Editor. (Oh no.) (I come from Access, where they are stored in the database.) I hadn't copied and saved them. I had uninstalled Studio on the old computer. If the uninstall didn't delete them and they are on disk, where should I look? I looked in AppData and didn't see anything. If the uninstall didn't delete them and they are in the registry, is there a way to save/export them? If I reinstall Studio on the old computer will I be able to access the queries?

Thanks,

Kevin
Kommentar
Hello Kevin,

Sorry, the settings are stored in the registry, the queries are stored on the disk.

I rechecked an actual place:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Paradigma Software\Valentina Studio\LocalData\Foreign\

Each database' data in separate folder, for example:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Paradigma Software\Valentina Studio\LocalData\Foreign\10.0.2.2%2Fuser%2F3306%2F%2F%2F%2F0%2Fsakila

So if the location of the database was changed, it is necessary to adjust the folder name.

Originally the queries were stored in the database, but sometimes there is no permissions to write into it. We plan to do it adjustable
Kommentar
Kevin Akzeptierte Antwort
Hi Sergey,

Thank you! Found the folder on the old computer (I had seen it when I was looking, but concluded I do not know what that is so I moved on). One of the queries took forever to write in Access and it took forever to translate to SQLite (I am sure many could have written it in a few minutes; it is just one of those things).

I will get in the habit of exporting and saving. Is there a built-in way to export / save all the queries at once as sql or text files?

FYI - I had seen this in the Wiki before posting (based on your response it may (or may not) need updating):

refs_find&" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.valentina-db.com/docs/dokuwiki/v9/doku.php?id=valentina:tips:vstudio:prefs_find&;s[]=appdata

Again thank you,

Kevin
Kommentar
Shanon Hart Akzeptierte Antwort
Has this changed again? Again I find myself needing to move my snippets to another machine, and it seems like this shouldn't be so complicated, but it is. Can you tell where to find these saved on a Mac now? And could you please just create a quick way to export these so we don't have to hunt down the obscure threads? There are so many good intuitive things about valentina that it makes this feel even more annoying because it should be easy to do. Thank you!
Kommentar
Hello Shanon,

Snippets of the SQL Editor or queries built with the Query Editor?

"Query Editor" data for all databases is stored separately in the following folder:
~/Library/Application Support/com.paradigmasoft.VStudio/LocalData/Foreign/

SQL Editor snippets can be exported and imported using the context menu on the Snippets tab.
Kommentar
  • Seite :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

Categories

Announcements & News
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Studio
  1. 2 subcategories
Valentina Server
  1. 4 subcategories
Valentina Database ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Reports ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Other Discussions