Paradigma Software announces the release of Valentina DB technology release 4 and the addition of several new products to the Valentina DB product line, including advanced reporting capabilities and new connectivity with the Apple iPhone.
Valentina DB 4 provides over a year of development improvements to all Valentina based database products. Some features shared by all Valentina DB products include:
- SQL to XML. Generate XML data from an SQL query from any Valentina DB database
- SET/GET Properties in SQL. Use SQL to set and get properties of database objects using Stored Procedures
- ISP Host Features. CREATE/DROP/GRANT/REVOKE User rights
- Projects. Valentina DB 4 introduces a new project file format for storing datasources, named queries, reports
Valentina DB also incorporates hundreds of user requested improvements and fixes to improve overall robustness on all three operating systems: Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. Valentina 4 is the result of over one year of development.
A major addition to the Valentina DB product line is Valentina Reports and Valentina Reporting Services. Valentina Reports is a powerful, report creation and generation engine that drops right into the Valentina DB kernel. Because it interfaces directly with the Valentina DB kernel, it is possible to dynamically generate reports from any Valentina DB ADK or from any Valentina Server product. Reports features include:
- Broad Compatibility. Generate reports for every major development environment, from Apple Cocoa framework applications to .net to C++ applications built on Linux to Adobe Director. Over 18+ platforms supported.
- XML Enriched PDF Generation. Automatically generate business ready, formatted PDF reports with embedded XML, automatically assigned passwords and permissions.
- Generate Reports from SQL. Valentina SQL can return a report right into a BLOB field of a cursor. This opens access to reports for such standard APIs as ODBC.
- Charts and Graphs. Build applications that produce rich charts and graphs from numeric, financial, statistical and business data from your Valentina database.
- Sub Reports. Combine multiple sub-reports into a single main report presentation; generate reports from multiple sources and display them side by side.
- Web and Graphic Exports. Make your reports immediately useful to your users by exporting in a variety of presentation formats: HTML, JPG, PNG, LaTeX, text and more.
- Barcodes. 36 industry standard barcodes, such as ISBN, EAN, Pharmacode, POSTNET and more and from within your Valentina DB enabled applications.
Valentina Reports is an optional add-on for Valentina ADK and Valentina Developer Network products. Unlimited Report deployment is available for as little as $200.
Valentina Client for iPhone
A new feature added to Valentina Developer Network Professional Edition ($999) is a Valentina DB client for iPhone. This royalty free client library can be incorporated into iPhone applications and allow connectivity to Valentina Office Server or Valentina Embedded Server for building powerful client-server solutions for the Apple iPhone.
Valentina Studio Pro
Valentina Studio Pro is an advancement on the general purpose database creation and management tool, Valentina Studio Administrator (Mac OS X and Windows). Valentina Studio Pro, currently in open beta, introduces an advanced, polished interface and report design capabilities that can be used within Valentina Studio Pro, Valentina Office Server or saved for use with Valentina Reports. Users can register to get free serial numbers for Valentina Studio Pro on the Paradigma Software website.
Valentina Office Server
Valentina Office Server is the powerful, business ready database server on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Valentina Office Server 4 adds the new Valentina Reporting Services feature set, making it possible to create advanced server-side applications that can automatically create business ready reports. Valentina Reporting Services for Valentina Office Server does not increase the price of Valentina Office Server. Valentina Office Server includes a copy of Valentina Studio Administrator for performing database maintenance tasks. Valentina Office Server is available for $299.99 new or $179.99 and includes 12 months of free updates.
Valentina Developer Network
Valentina Developer Network lets developers build royalty free local, client-server and server solutions based on Valentina Embedded Server. VDN customers have more options for selecting which platforms they can deploy and can now add optional Valentina Reports to either local applications or as a part of Valentina Embedded Server. Valentina Developer Network Platform Edition includes any combination of any three Valentina ADK platforms, and is available for as low as $359.40 as an upgrade from Valentina ADK; $599 new.