Valentina DB has all standard database field types plus additional ones that exploit Valentina DB advanced features.
Field Types in Valentina Database
|The Valentina DB model can emulate other standard database models but also has field types that are specific to the network model origins.
Standard Field Types in Valentina DB
- True Bit Type
- Valentina is practically the only DBMS on market that offer you filed which really use 1 bit per record (other dbs, in the best case, packing bits into byte).
- Numeric Types
- Valentina has very rich set of numeric types: Byte, Short, Ushort, Medium, UMedium, Long, ULong, LLong, ULLong, Float, Double
- Date/Time Types
- Valentina have effective types for date and time values: Date, Time, DateTime, Interval.
- String Types
- Valentina have few types to keep strings: String (fixed size strings), VarChar (variable size strings) and Text (unlimited size strings)
Rich Media Field Types in Valentina DB
- Binary Types
- Valentina has 3 types to keep binary data: FixedBinary, VarBinary and BLOBs. BLOB can be compressed to reduce disk usage in 5-10 times disk space.
- Picture Type
- Valentina has a special Picture Field that can compress bitmaps into JPG/TIFF formats. This again allows you to save a lot of disk space.
Special Field Types in Valentina DB
- Each Valentina Table has a RecID field - that means automatic unique id for a record in the scope of Table. It uses ZERO space on disk!
- Each Valentina Table has an OID field - that provides unique ID of a record in the scope of database as required by ODMG Standard. It uses ZERO space on disk!
- Pointer Types
- Valentina has a unique Pointer field type - objectptr
ObjectPtr direct pointer types come from the network model and work up to four times faster than foreign key links on joins and takes up significantly less disk space.