Form Editor - ComboBox - Field Help
The ComboBox - Field control is a combined button and popup list.
A ComboBox - Field provides a means of presenting a list of options to the user in a way that takes up the minimum amount of screen space.
A combobox is a selection control that displays the current item, and can pop up a list of selectable items. A combobox may be editable, allowing the user to modify each item in the list.
This control is bound to the table field and allows the user to edit its value. The current value of the combobox is taken right from the field and each change is applied immediately to the field.
Available values are defined by the Items property using the special editor.
- Data Mode – Defines how the control value change is applied to the field:
- Inherited – The mode is inherited from the parent form
- Add – The value is intended for a new record
- Edit – The value is assigned to the field, but not committed
- Edit And Commit – The value is assigned to the field and committed
- ReadOnly – The value can't be changed
- Filter – The value is used to filter data by the bound field, the filter must be applied manually using the applyFilters method.
- Filter And Accept – The value is used to filter data by the bound field, filter applied automatically.
- Name – The name of the control.
- Field – The bound field.
- Items – Defines how the list of items to choose from is formed. Edited with Items List Editor
- Aliases – Defines how the list of aliases for the items is formed. Edited with Items List Editor
- Editable – This property holds whether the combo box can be edited by the user.
- Show NULL – Show NULL value differently than the empty string.
- Auto Fill Background – This property holds whether the control background is filled automatically.
- Enabled – Defines whether the control is enabled or not.
- Font – This property holds the font currently set for the control. The default depends on the system environment.
- Palette – This property describes the control's palette.
The palette is used by the control's style when rendering. The color roles from this palette are combined with the control's default palette to form the control's final palette. The default depends on the system environment and may be different on different platforms. Control propagates explicit palette roles from parent to child. If you assign a brush or color to a specific role on a palette, that role will propagate to all the control's children, overriding any system defaults for that role.
- Tooltip – The tooltip text.
- Alignment – Defines both the horizontal and vertical alignment.
- Expand Horizontal – If ON the control is expanded horizontally.
- Expand Vertical – If ON the control is expanded vertically.
- Width – The width of the control.
- Height – The height of the control (Disabled).
- currentTextChanged( text ) – This slot is called whenever currentText changes. The new value is passed in a first argument.
- editTextChanged( text ) – This slot is called when the text in the combobox's line edit control is changed. The new text is passed in a first argument.
- customMenuRequested – This signal is emitted when the user has requested a context menu on the control.
- windowIconChanged – This signal is emitted when the window's icon has changed.
- windowTitleChanged( title ) – This signal is emitted when the window's title has changed, with the new title as an argument.
- created – This signal is emitted after the object is created.
- destroyed – This signal is emitted immediately before the object is destroyed, and can not be blocked. All the objects's children are destroyed immediately after this signal is emitted.
- needUpdate – This signal is emitted when the control needs to be updated, for example, on the change of the current record.
- objectNameChanged( objectName ) – This signal is emitted after the object's name has been changed, with the new object name passed as an argument.