Table of Contents
Report Editor Help
Valentina Studio Pro contains powerful yet simple and intuitive WYSIWYG Report Editor, which allows you
- to design a report.
- to preview a report.
- to print a report.
- to export a report into different formats (e.g. PDF or HTML).
In a free edition of Valentina Studio you can work with reports as well, in two modes:
- DEMO - allows to get acquainted with report creation and editing facilities in a new project.
- Report Viewer - allows to work with existing projects, created in Valentina Studio Pro.
In addition to graphical interface, it is possible to generate reports using the command line interface.
Reports prepared in Valentina Studio are saved into Valentina Project file (.vsp), which can be used by:
- Valentina Studio itself.
- Valentina Server - to generate reports in multi-user environment.
- Valentina ADK - to generate reports right from your applications using embedded Valentina Report Engine (vreport.dll).
- VIDEO LESSONS about Report Editor in Valentina Studio Pro.
Preview of Report
Valentina Studio Pro provides you an easy way to preview your report using some set of test or live data. Read more...
Getting the best results for rendered reports is often an iterative process; you design and preview the report in Report Editor, export the report to the preferred format, review the exported report, and then make changes to the report.
Printing of Report
Valentina Studio allows you to print a report on your printer using the Print Dialog or by schedule (todo). Read more...
Exporting of Report
Valentina Studio allows you to export a report into different file formats such as PDF, HTML, Postscript, and others. Read more...
- Formatting – Valentina Reports engine allows changing the output format of a date, that stored in the database or calculated by the expression control.
- Removing Empty Space – Valentina Reports engine allows removing empty space in the report – an unused place at the bottom or top of any region or space reserved for controls hidden with print_if expression.
- Recursive Reports – Valentina Reports engine allows the creation of recursive reports using the subreport.