Table of Contents
SQLDiff Deployment Wizard
Deployment wizard serves to process result of SQL Difference. There are three ways to do this:
- Synchronize the structure of the Source schema to the Destination state by applying scripts generated by SQLDiff.
- Save synchronization and (or) rollback scripts generated by SQLDiff.
- Mix above approaches.
On this page you can determine the deployment phases, and post deployment actions.
- Execute Synchronization“ – if ON deployment wizard will synchronization databases.
- Save Scripts – if ON deployment wizard will save scripts for synchronization or rollback.
- Post Synchronization Action – indicates what should happen on deployment will be finished.
- Quit from SQLDiff – the SQL Diff page will be closed.
- Reload SQLDiff – the same datasources will recompared again and result will be shown on the page.
- Save Deployment settings to the project – If ON then all changes in deployment settings will be saved into the project. If OFF then project settings stays untouched.
On this page you can tune synchronization approach and determine custom scripts.
- Synchronization Mode – Determines strategy of executing synchronization scripts.
- One query for all changes – Synchronization will be performed by single query.
- One query for each group of changed objects – Synchronization scripts will be splitted to groups by the object type.
- One query for each changed object – Synchronization will be performed by executing one query for each changed object.
- Custom Scripts
- Preprocessing Script – the path to file that contains SQL script that will be executed before synchronization.
- Postprocessing Script – the path to file that contains SQL script that will be executed after synchronization.
Save Script Settings
On this page you can determine settings for saving scripts.
- Path – The file path for saving script
- Header – The file path for the script that will be added to the front of script.
- Footer – The file path for the script that will be added to the end of script.
This page provides deployment result. If deployment includes the synchronization phase the conformation request will be shown after the Source database will be changed.
If user confirmed - synchronization will start, otherwise the synchronization process will be aborted.
- Synchronization Log – The list of scripts that was applied to the Source database.
- Message – The message returned by the database engine on executing a selected query.
- Query – The text of selected query.
- Save Scripts – Shows the result of the saving scripts phase of deployment.
- Show Location – Opens file manager in the folder with saved script(s).