Table of Contents
Valentina Release 10.1.x Notes
These release notes describe the changes in Paradigma Software Valentina products beginning with Release 10.1 and through the 10.1 life cycle that ended May 6, 2020.
These release notes are organized by individual release and product. They are updated periodically as new information becomes available within a specific release as well as before or after a specific release. To ensure that you are reading the latest version of the release notes, visit the top page of the Valentina Release History. You should always consult the latest release notes prior to installing a new version. Some products have technologies shared by others, and you can assume that a technology listed under one product will likely be rolled into products that use that technology.
- [New][Pro][Schema Editor] - Duplicate command in the contextual menu of a Table.
- in the dialog you can specify also [x] - RAM, [x] - Temporary flags for the duplicate.
- also you can specify that N records should be copied.
- works for all databases: MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Valentina DB.
- (!!!) keep in mind that MySQL does not expose a temporary table in SHOW TABLEs. To use it in SQL Editor you should remember its name.
- [New][Pro][Form Editor] - QProcess class, to run external applications, can be used to execute Bash scripts, AppleScript commands, etc.
- [New][Schema Editor] - improved “Generate SQL : Create” tab, adding flags [x] - RAM, [x] - Temporary for Table objects into dialog.
- [New][Schema Editor] - cmd+F keyboard shortcut moves focus to the SEARCH-field on the top right.
- [New][Schema Editor] - now you can filter also the first column of databases.
- [Imp][Data Editor] - Improve to allow the user to open SQL Editor, Query Editor, Server Admin for active database/connection, using toolbar buttons.
- [Fix][SSH] - Fixed sending long packets via SSH. This makes the execution of long queries more stable.
- [Imp][Load Dump] - Update dump loading progress more frequently.
- [Imp][Load Dump] - Show the list of errors on the last page of the Load Dump wizard.
- [Fix]8737 - VServer.Shutdown doesn't seem to close databases properly.
- [Fix]8746 - SystemBackupCatalog property changes do not impact to “BACKUP DATABASE” statement.
- [Imp]8741 - Use standard macOS authorization dialog in the Valentina Server preference pane. It includes support for Touch ID authentication to Start/Stop the server.
- [Fix]8744 - Hard crash when doing SQL with 2 UNIONs.
Valentina for Xojo
- [Fix]8739 - VPreparedStatement gives the wrong result if one parameter has an empty string.
- Xojo's empty string looks like a nullptr (inside V4RB plugin), but it must be not an SQL-NULL for bind value.
- If you need to bind a NULL you should call BindNull() method or use BuildArrayOfBinds() instead of BuildArrayOfBindsFromStrings().
- In other words - you can not encode SQL-null using RealString.
- [New][Form Editor][JS] – Added QSysInfo class which provides information about operating system Valentina Studio is running in. It is useful if script relies on system-specific features, for example, to run different scripts on different platforms – PowerShell script on Windows, AppleScript on macOS.
- [New][Form Editor][JS] – Added signals of QProcess class, this allows the user to control running application asynchronously.
- [New][Form Editor][JS] – Added QCoreAppliction.processEvents() static method which can be used during long-running loops (for example, to show the progress, process button clicks).
- [New]8753 - Add ability to duplicate a query of the Query Editor
- [Fix][Form Editor] - don't adjust columns widths to field name length and field type.
- [Fix]8702 - “SET PASSWORD OF USER user1 [IDENTIFIED BY 'password'] TO 'new_password'” now allows for admins to skip optional IDENTIFIED BY part, to change password for any other user.
Valentina for Xojo
- [Fix][SQL Editor] crash when a user switches SQL Editor to a connection (no database selected).
Valentina for Xojo
- [Fix]8758: FIX RBDB API for Valentina DB: the cursor does not return BLOB/Picture values.
- [New] Allow getting info about current control instance - position and value.
- [New] Allow to get the current value of a control via 'control.instance.value' property.
- [New] Allow accessing the current control (from print_if or expression) via 'this'.
- [New] Allow hiding an instance of control from a script.
- [New] Label now can use the value from an instance.
- [New] Allow using summary instance value in print_if and expressions.
- [Imp] Make 'instance.value' property writable