Data Editor - BLOB Editor
The Data Editor displays the information about the BLOB field content in the table grid, such as detected format and size.
Additionally, it allows you to preview images, text, HTML, JSON (UTF-8 encoded) data. The data of other formats can be viewed in the HEX form.
The BLOB Editor can work in two different modes:
- Popup – an editor is presented as a small non-modal dialog below the edited cell (Windows and Linux only).
- Modal – an editor is presented as an ordinary modal dialog.
The popup appears automatically when the BLOB field cell is selected, the modal dialog is displayed by double-clicking the cell (macOS only) or clicking the Content button.
BLOB Editor is a tool for changing the content of the binary data in your database.
It provides the following actions:
- Load… button – to select a file on disk for writing it to the database.
- Save As… button – to read data from database to disc.
- Clear button – to remove data from the record.
- Set NULL button – to assign the NULL value.
- Change button – to apply the change made in the dialog.
The Data tab shows the field content in the HEX form:
Depending on the detected data type this editor shows special editor-tabs:
- JSON Tree
Valentina Studio makes an attempt to detect if binary data contains a supported image type and previewing then becomes an option on the Image tab.
This tab has the same functionality as the Image Editor shown for dedicated image fields.
If binary data contains JSON then the JSON Editor is displayed on the JSON Tree tab.
If binary data contains HTML markup then the HTML Editor is displayed on HTML tab.