Data Editor - HTML Editor
Valentina Studio makes an attempt to detect if binary or textual data contains HTML markup – and highlighting and visual editing then becomes an option.
If a textual field contains HTML markup, it is syntax-highlighted right in the table grid:
For binary data fields (such as BINARY, BLOB) the type of data is shown, HTML document.
The HTML editing can be done in different modes:
- Inline – textual fields can be edited in the table grid with syntax highlighting.
- Popup – an advanced editor is presented as a small non-modal dialog below the edited cell (Windows and Linux only).
- Modal – an advanced editor is presented as an ordinary modal dialog.
For binary fields the popup appears automatically when the field cell is selected. The modal dialog is displayed by double-clicking the cell using the Content button. A small button below the bottom-right corner of the edited cell can show either a popup or a modal dialog.
The HTML tab allows the users to edit markup visually:
You can change the text and its appearance right in the editing area or paste already formatted text.
The tab contains the following controls:
- Font – change text font.
- Font Size – change text size.
- Increment Font Size – increase the size by 1.
- Decrement Font Size – decrease the size by 1.
- Unordered List – create an unordered list.
- Ordered List – create an ordered list.
- Decrease List Indentation – decrease the indentation of the list elements.
- Increase List Indentation – increase the indentation of the list elements.
- Bold – make text bold.
- Italic – make the text italic.
- Underlined – make underlined text, define a style for the line and its color.
- Strikethrough – strike the text.
- Superscript – create superscript text.
- Subscript – create subscript text.
- Align Left – align text to the left.
- Align Center – align text to the center.
- Align Right – align text to the right.
- Justify – justified alignment.
- Foreground – set the foreground color.
- Background – set the background color.
- Horizontal Line – add a horizontal line.
- Link – create a hyperlink.
The change done using these controls is applied either to selected text or a word with the text cursor.
Depending on the field type containing HTML data, the editor can have different tabs and controls.
For textual fields it has the Text tab where you can modify HTML tags manually and check the changes in HTML tab:
For binary fields markup can be viewed in the hexadecimal form on the Data tab, markup can be loaded from the file: