Table of Contents
Form Editor Help
Valentina Forms is a very useful way to let your users work with your databases based on your business requirements. Your users do not need to be database professionals to use Valentina Forms.
Valentina Forms for End Users
Because Valentina Forms are stored in a Valentina Project (vsp) file, they can be deployed to end users that are using the standard version of Valentina Studio. It does not matter if the form was developed on a different operating system or not. Valentina Forms render within Valentina Studio appropriately to the operating system that is running Valentina Studio.
Forms in Free Valentina Studio
Valentina Studio does not support creating and modifying forms, but you can still work with forms:
- Form Editor Evaluation - test out forms creation and scripting without saving to disk (Read more about demo mode)
- Use Prepared Forms - execute forms prepared by somebody else in Valentina Studio Pro.
Forms prepared in Valentina Studio are saved into a Valentina Project file (.vsp). Valentina Projects can be stored either locally or on the Valentina Server for use in a multi-user environment.
Valentina Forms for Developers
You can deploy Valentina Forms to your end users by directly sharing a Valentina Project file with them or by registering a Valentina Project file on Valentina Server.
Getting Started Building Forms
You can get started building forms using the Form Wizard, which steps you through your available data sources and assign controls to them. You are not limited to using Form Wizard. You can just as easily just open up a new, blank Valentina Form and add objects as you desire.
Form Editor Help
Valentina Forms allow developers to deploy complex solutions using visual tools, native objects and scripting. To get the most out of Valentina Forms, you should review the available documentation.
- Form Editor - Overview Basic overview of the Form Editor user interface
- Form Editor - Palette Controls, layouts and objects for forms
- Form Editor - Property Inspector Standard and custom property inspectors for editing objects
- Form Editor - Scripts How to attach scripts to objects
- Form Editor - Methods How to create custom methods for forms
- Form Editor - Form Wizard How to use the Form Wizard to generate a user interface
- Form Editor - Filtering Standard and custom filtering controls for forms
- Form Editor - Launch External Application How to run external application from forms
- Form Editor - Modal And Non-Modal Forms Modal and non-modal forms
- Valentina Studio Tutorials : Forms Step by Step Valentina Form tutorials
- Valentina Studio PRO Videos General introductory videos for Valentina Studio Pro