Report Editor - ToolBar - View
This group is present on all tabs of the report toolbar. It allows you to switch between preview, scripts and editor modes.
Note, that you can use keyboard shortcuts ⌘+1, ⌘+2 and ⌘+3 to switch between Editor/Scripts/Preview modes respectively.
Here you can find commands to control grid of a report editor.
- Show grid - allows to show/hide the grid.
- Snap to grid - if ON then any move of an object will snap it to the the grid lines.
- Size - this button opens dialog where you can define size of grid cells using any measurement units.
This group allows you to control some aspects of Report Editor (Designer).
- Show guidelines – if ON then report editor show guidelines when you drag some control and it aligns to another one by some edge. This feature helps you to align objects.
- Show rules - shows/hides rules around the report editor.
- Show Z-order – if ON then show a small number on each control, which indicates the order of all controls on the report by Z-axis. The topmost control has the number 1. Each new control added to the report by dragging from the palette or made as duplicate becomes topmost with the number 1.