Table of Contents
Valentina Release 11.2.x Notes
- [New][Data Editor] Now the value editor can be shown in the popup below the edited cell.
- [New][Data Editor] Added date&time editors (Valentina and MySQL only)
- [New][Data Editor] Added JSON editor. If JSON content is detected in the text, the editor shows JSON data in two tabs – as a tree and as a highlighted text.
- [New][Data Editor] Added HTML editor. If HTML content is detected in the value, the editor shows HTML data in two tabs – in a visual editor and in a source editor with highlighting.
- [New][Data Editor] Added highlighting for cells with JSON content.
- [New][Data Editor] Added highlighting for cells with HTML content.
- [Imp][Data Editor] Picture editor now has auto-scaling and drag&drop.
- [Fix]8932 - Client idle timeout might be ignored in some cases.
- [New][Data Editor] Added an ability to set a text alignment for cells in the grid.
- [Fix]8936 – NULL value fields shown as empty (PostgreSQL)
- [Fix][Data Editor] - fix detect JSON for blob preview, optimization
- [Fix][SQLite] - Add brackets if the field DEFAULT value is an expression. Fixes DateTime('now') default.
- [Fix]8933 - diagnose improvements. The source of the issue is a UTF16BE storage encoding. Now Diagnose also prints info about encoding.
- [New] - 'Xcode Dark' theme for SQL Editor, use it by default for dark palettes.
- [Imp] - change selection background in Oblivion theme.
- [New] - use styled tooltip for links.
- [New] - warn about broken ObjectPtr-link in tooltip (e.g target table is not defined yet).
- [Imp] - auto-remove field from PK on clear the unique flag in 'Design' dialog.
- [Imp] - Now when you remove the UNIQUE / INDEXED flag in the Inspector, flag PK will be removed automatically (after confirming dialog).
- [Fix][SQL Editor][Postgres] - Fixed crash on showing the tooltip for the field of result.
- [Fix]8938 Postgres logs are not readable in the dark theme.
- [Fix] remove space from empty (not hidden) subreport with 'remove_empty_line' flag
- [New][Schema Editor][Valentina] Show Link Count property for links with the number of established relations between rows of linked tables.
- [Fix][Data Editor] Fixed showing marks for linked records in show all mode of the related table view.
- Changes to positioning types of report controls:
- [New] Float In Group – this position type allows the report engine to remove empty space between grouped controls if some controls were hidden with the remove_empty_line option.
- [New] Fixed Relative To Bottom – with this option the control position is fixed and calculated relatively to the bottom controls.
- [Chg] Fixed Relative To Top – previously called Fixed, with this option the control position is fixed and calculated relatively to the top controls.
- [Imp] - Improved a lot of speed of SQL command LINK RECORDS, for 1:M Binary Link.
- [Fix] - VLink.get_Count() right after db.open() could give zero instead of correct value.
- [New][MSSQL] Specialized Data Editors for MS SQL:
- Date, DateTime, DateTime2, DateTimeOffset, SmallDateTime, Time
- Binary, VarBinary
- [New][MSSQL] Supported RowVersion field type.
- [Fix][Schema Editor] Fixed delay after applying the schema changes – don't wait for internal tasks to finish.
- [Fix][SQL Editor] Fixed positioning the autocompletion menu on the secondary display.
- [Fix][Data Editor][PostgreSQL] 8887 Fixed error when loading related PostgreSQL table which has a JSON column.
- [Fix][Data Editor][MSSQL] 8948 Fixed showing NULL values in the table data.
- [Fix][PostgreSQL] 8942 Fixed generation of the query to create an index – supported INCLUDE clause.
- [Fix][VDB] Fixed restoring date and time separators in local prefs.
- Fixed reading NULL default values in the column definition.
- Fixed showing NULL values in result of the query.
- Restored “Float” field type, removed “Real”.
- [New][SQL] Support for SQL command 'UNLINK RECORDS (1,..) FROM EACH RECORD' or 'UNLINK RECORDS (1,..) FROM ALL RECORDS'. See Unlink all Linked Records of All Tables
- [Fix] Critical bug for page files with millions of pages. The update is recommended for users with potentially big Tables/Links/Indexes (hundreds of millions of records).
Valentina for Xojo
- [Imp] Updated macOS deployment script – added an ability to specify individual vcomponent libraries to copy to the app (kernel, vclient, report)
- [Imp] deployment scripts added into the installer of V4RB
- So you can easily call from a command line, OR use from a Xojo post-build script.
- [Fix][Schema Editor][Valentina] Don't show Enum/Enum8/Enum16 in the list of field types.
- [Fix][Data Editor][Valentina] Fixed reading limited BLOB value.
- [Opt][Data Editor] Don't sort records by RowID for Valentina DB
- [Fix][Forms] for custom processing of the double click in the table view in form - check if a table value can be edited depending on the editTriggers
- [Fix][MSSQL] Fixed generating create a query for the float field (there is no dedicated precision and scale).
- There are only two precision gradations, 24 and 53 mantissa bits, and float(24) is represented as real, float(53) is equal to float, so it is meaningless to have a separate precision property.
- [Fix][VPHP] On Linux, copy PHP 8 libraries to package, added build for ARM.
- [New][Forms] Allowed to set from/to parameters programmatically for printing using Windows default print dialog.
- [Imp][MSSQL] FreeTDS on Windows updated to 1.2.21 to fix showing the error messages.
- [Imp][MSSQL] Updated automatic discovery dialog, added explanations.
- [Imp][MSSQL] Added hints on how to fix SQL Server failed connection
- [Imp][MSSQL] Improved placeholder and tooltip for the host (it can contain the instance name, it was not clear).
- [Chg][MSSQL] Changes for auto-discover dialog.
- [Chg][MSSQL] Removed “Server:” field from the connect dialog, it wasn't really used
- [Chg][MSSQL] Disable Port field in the connect dialog if the instance name is specified, added tooltip about it.
- [Fix][MSSQL] Fixed showing multiple running instances on the same system in the automatic discovery dialog.
- [Fix][MSSQL] Fixed detecting local server instances.
- [Opt]8962 - IMPROVE SPEED of “SELECT COUNT(*) FROM T” commands.
- [Opt] new MT alg for ArraySet::Init_BySeqN, works x3 times faster of not MT.
- [Fix] critical bug in PageFile, related to > 4GB files.
- [Fix][Linux] issues caused by a mismatch in DLLs settings during a build.
- [Imp] Restore saved position and size of the dialog always on the current screen (macOS).
- [Fix][Report Editor] – fixed moving selected in a group control by arrow keys.
- [Fix][SQL Editor] – fixed position and size of the autocompletion menu if it is close to the right or bottom borders of the screen.
- [Fix][MS SQL] Fixed error when getting an IP address for a local instance – always use 127.0.0.1.
- [Fix][PostgreSQL] – Fixed reading error message on non-English Windows OS.
- [New] - Extend 'remove_empty_line' property with new variants: 'In Area', 'In Group', 'Everywhere'.