Table of Contents
About Valentina Database Model
- Valentina Database White Paper - This document briefly describes Valentina's advantages. Valentina's features are described more deeply in the following articles and other documentation.
- A Technical Introduction to Valentina Database - suitable for Valentina starters. Introduce elements of the Valentina database model.
- Database Models - A quick overview of different database models, including all the most common database models in the software industry and our Valentina database model.
- Choosing a Style of Coding - There are three ways to code most Valentina databases: an SQL style, an API style, and a native development environment style. This section covers the SQL and API styles.
- Properties of Database Objects - This article describes “Properties of Database Objects”, quite unique feature of the Valentina Object-Relational (OR) Data Model.
- Valentina Database KeyValue - Article about KeyValue implementation in Valentina DB Model (v7.0)
- Enum Fields - Article about ENUM field type of Valentina DB. Explains how it solves Localization tasks.
About Valentina DB Format
- Valentina Vertical Storage - This article describes the advantages of vertical table storage vs row storage used in most dbs (in progress).
About Valentina SQL
- Hierarchical (Recursive) Queries in Valentina SQL - This article describes the advantages of Valentina's approach to solving recursive (hierarchical) queries.
- Selecting fields that are not in GROUP BY - This article describes a common approach to selecting some records from each group of records.
- DISTINCTROW in Valentina SQL - This article describes a DISTINCTROW-like solution for selecting distinct rows from a join result.
About Valentina Server
- Valentina Server Logging Facilities - This article describes the logging facilities of the Valentina Server.
- Valentina SQLite Server - This article describes Valentina Server as SQLite Server, the feature introduced in v6.0.
- REST & Valentina Server - This article describes the REST interface for Valentina Server, the feature introduced in v6.0.
- Notifications in Valentina Server - This article describes the notification interface for Valentina Server, the feature introduced in v6.0.
- ValentinaDB File Extensions - Article about v7.5 Valentina Server and local ValentinaDB file extensions consistency.