Table of Contents
Valentina Release 7.5.x Notes
Valentina Release 7.5 Notes
Valentina Studio Pro
- [New][Start Page] - “Recent Databases” and “Recent Projects” now show items sorted by date, most recent on top. New clock-icon allows you see items sorted alphabet.
- [Fix] - Table Alias auto-completion now shows RecID and OID fields.
- [New][Data Editor] - Filter Rows now has (X) icon on the left side to REMOVE it.
- Do OPTION+CLICK (ALT on Win/Linux) to remove all filer rows at once.
- [Imp] - In diagrams “Save Changes…” changed to “Apply Changes…”
- [Imp] - Valentina Server - Create Database dialog now allows choose a database mode (1-4 files).
- [Fix] - In Filter of Data Editor now “CMD + E” works while you in edit mode of a filter cell.
- [Fix][Data Editor] - When switching to another table the current filter is removed because it has no sense for another table.
Please read the new ARTICLE carefully!
- [Imp][REST] - Examples improved to use Python lists as is. Transformation to XML/JSON happens inside of helper script now.
- [Fix] 8068 - Cannot create KeyValue when vdb is under VSERVER.
- [New] - “LINK RECORD(LAST) OF T1 WITH RECORD(LAST) OF T2”, you can use now
LASTkeyword to specify the last_recid_of_table(“T”).
- [Imp] -
SELECT … FOR XML,
FOR JSONand REST now supports VARIANT field type.
- [Imp] -
SHOW VIDENTSnow returns names of KeyValue objects.
- [Imp] -
TRUNCATE TABLEnow works for a Table with Links if all Links are empty.
- [Imp] - Exceptions about date/time now shows the current DateTime format and separators, so a developer can easily understand what to change.
Valentina Release 7.5.1 Notes
- [New][Data Editor] - Column has the auto-size contextual menu, and button Auto-Resize similar to SQL Editor.
- [Fix][VReport][Windows] - 'papersource' parameter in print dialog was broken.
- [New] - Methods PrintToLocalPrinter/PrintToServerPrinter has string to be sent to printer. Now, this string can have 'papersource' parameter.
- [Imp] - A lots faster! x4-x50 times faster Building of IndexByWords for Text/VarChar.
- Benches show the speed up x4 - x40 times.
- 2GB TEXT data are indexed in about 100 seconds on MacBook 2016.
Valentina Release 7.5.2 Notes
- [Fix][SQLite] - Parser fixed - underscore is allowed at any place of non-quoted identifier
- [Fix] - Examples fixed to take into account the fact UTF16 string, used as KEY.
- [Imp] - LIKE/ILIKE now use IndexByWords even for CONTAINS search of kind '%str%' if between %% present only one word, i.e. no word-delimiters.
- This makes search 250 times faster in our bench. For example, 1GB TEXT field with 50K records it does search 0.016 miliSec instead of 5 sec.
Valentina Release 7.5.3 Notes
- [New] 8087[SQL Editor] - Add ability to switch the source connection of the SQL Editor.
- [New][PostgreSQL] - Support of Event Trigger.
- [Imp] - Diagrams, Schema Editor → Design dialog get the ability to change the order of children objects in NEW objects.
Valentina Release 7.5.4 Notes
- [New] 8114 - “File…” menu now has a new item “Open File…” for .sql files. Opens them directly in SQL Editor.
- [Imp] 8105[Data Editor] - Add ability to set NULL value for multiple records.
- [Fix] 8063 - “Links” not included in “Generate SQL → Create” for table (ActionGenerateSQLCreateHandler).
- [Fix] 8093[Query Log] - It now sorts by time.
- [Fix] 8113[Query Editor] - Crash when Query Editor is opened for closed database.
- [Fix] 8115[PostgreSQL] - Refreshing the PostgreSQL schema or database objects changes the text of all views to the default (SELECT 1).
- [Fix] 8117[DataEditor][SQLite] - Unable to work with big integer values in DataEditor and SQLite table.
- [Fix] 8126[PostgreSQL] - Fix reindex action of PostgreSQL table.
- [Fix][PostgreSQL] - Error on getting PostgreSQL 10 sequence properties.
- [Imp][SQL] - MERGE command now works with VIEW also.
Valentina C ADK
- [Fix] 8108 - Added VServer_Free().
Valentina Release 7.5.5 Notes
Version unreleased and rolled into the 7.5.6 hot fix.
Valentina Release 7.5.6 Notes
This was a hot fit release to fix issues that appeared in 7.5.4.
7.5.4 and 7.5.5 are unsupported and should be replaced by 7.5.6.
Valentina Release 7.5.7 Notes
- [Imp][VDB] Schema Editor now show the size of the index.
- [Fix] 8141 VReport::PreviewPage generates an image of incorrect size if preview zoom is applied.
Valentina for Xojo
- [Fix][Win] installer now includes v8_x64.dll for vcomponents_x64
Valentina for LiveCode
- [Mac] Now includes the 64-bit version of externals. Each external includes 32 and 64-bit code in the same bundle.
- [Mac] V4REV installer still go as a 32-bit archive but contains that 64-bit versions.
- [Mac] V4REV installer now also installs vcomponents_x64
- [Mac] dbvalentina.bundle now go without a version number
- [Mac] installer now includes dbvsqlite.bundle - allow talking with Valentina SQLite Server
- [Mac] TODO: deployment scripts should be updated yet for 64-bit apps to copy vcomponents_x64
Valentina Release 7.5.8 Notes
- [Chg][Report Editor] Now shows the size of fonts in points instead of pixels.
- [Fix][PostgreSQL] SQL Dump updated to support all recent releases of PostgreSQL 10.x, including 10.1 and forthcoming 10.2
Valentina Release 7.5.9 Notes
- [Fix] 8164 Save and restore the size of the Edit Query dialog.
- [Fix] 8166 Fix opening the SQL Server database with Cyrillic symbols in name [Windows].
- [Fix] 8167[MSSQL] Fix showing the image returned by the SQL Server.
- [Fix] 8169[Report Editor] “Sort by Fields” dialog works only for 2 fields, but not 3, 4, …
- [Fix] 8171[PostgreSQL] Fix Data Editor Layout saving for PostgreSQL table.
- [Fix] 8179 Date formatting in the Expression control outputs only time for $F() macro [Valentina].
- [Imp][Linux] added extension compiled for PHP 7.2.