Table of Contents
Data Editor Help
The Valentina Studio Data Editor lets you work directly with data stored in tables. Also, the Data Editor of Valentina Studio provides powerful ability to edit data in related tables. From within the Data Editor, you can add, edit, delete, sort, filter, import and export data. You can also copy-paste directly into a table in the Data Editor.
Get started with the Data Editor - Overview to learn of general features and UI reference.
Single Table Editor Mode
- Single Table Mode – How to use the Data Editor with data stored in single tables, with detailed reference.
- Records – How to add | delete | update records and other editing features
- Sorting – How to sort database records
- Filtering – How to filter or sort records
- Marked Records – How to mark records for other operations
Single Table Special Editors
The Data Editor includes specialized editors for specific kinds of data that can be stored in a table.
- Array Editor – How to work with ARRAY values
- Picture Editor – How to work with PICTURE values
- Text Editor – How to work with TEXT values
Related Table Editor Mode
The Data Editor includes a special editor that allows you to display related tables and their data.
- Related Table Mode – Describes the interface of data editor for related tables.
- Show Mode – Describes how to change the content of related table.
- Set Operations – Describes how to change the content of related table.
- Foreign Key – Describes how to manipulate related records for tables linked by FK link.
- ObjectPtr – Describes how to manipulate related records for tables linked by ObjectPtr link.
- BinaryLink – Describes how to manipulate related records for tables linked by Binary Link.
In this mode, you can display pairs stored in the KeyValue object of a ValentinaDB Database.
- KeyValue Mode – Describes the interface of Data Editor for a KeyValue.
- Pairs – Describes how to add/delete pairs or update values.
- Filtering – Describes how to filter (search) pairs.
- Marked Pairs – Describes how to mark pairs.