Form Editor - Slot Editor Help
This area shows the text of the slot. The text is syntax-highlighted.
To access the form object the keyword this is used.
The list of snippets contains templates to generate code for most common tasks.
The snippets are divided into few groups:
- Database - Operations on the database.
- Dialog – Actions with the dialog.
- Field – Operations with the table field.
- File – File-related operations.
- Standard Dialogs – Actions to present standard dialogs.
- Table – Operations with the database table.
The snippets can be used as a help for writing own code.
Some snippets require additional information, so helper dialog will be shown to get it.
The context menu of the snippet consists of two items:
- Insert – Inserts a snippet at the current position in the text editor.
- Copy – Copies the snippet text to the clipboard.
To insert a snippet you can double-click it or use a context menu.