Form Editor - TextEdit - Field Help
The TextEdit - Field control is a multi-line text editor.
It allows the user to enter and edit the multiple lines of plain text with a useful collection of editing functions, including undo and redo, cut and paste, and drag and drop.
This control is bound to the table field and allows the user to edit its value. The current value of the text edit is taken right from the field and each change is applied immediately to the field.
- Data Mode – Defines how the control value change is applied to the field:
- Inherited – The mode is inherited from the parent form
- Add – The value is intended for a new record
- Edit – The value is assigned to the field, but not committed
- Edit And Commit – The value is assigned to the field and committed
- ReadOnly – The value can't be changed
- Filter – The value is used to filter data by the bound field, the filter must be applied manually using the applyFilters method.
- Filter And Accept – The value is used to filter data by the bound field, filter applied automatically.
- Name – The name of the control.
- Field – The bound field.
- Tooltip – The tooltip text.
- Enabled – Defines whether the control is enabled or not.
- Read Only – Defines whether the control is editable or not.
- needUpdate – This slot is called when the form elements should be updated, for example, on the change of the current record.
- textChanged – This slot is called whenever the document's content changes; for example, when text is inserted or deleted.
- Alignment – Defines both the horizontal and vertical alignment.
- Expand Horizontal – If ON the control is expanded horizontally.
- Expand Vertical – If ON the control is expanded vertically.
- Width – The width of the control.
- Height – The height of the control.