SQL Editor Help
The Valentina SQL Editor is one of several tabbed tools in Valentina Studio, allowing you to have multiple, open SQL Editor tabs that in turn allow you to copy-paste between open scripts.
The Valentina Studio SQL Editor lets you create, edit and execute scripts containing multiple SQL queries, and see the results of queries. You also have easy access to other information about queries (errors, warnings, timings, …) in order to optimize and improve your code. Additional tools also make it easy to clean up imported code.
Valentina Studio SQL Editor has a clean and functional user experience:
- Editor Overview. Overview of the SQL Editor and the main Editor itself
- Results. Overview of Results tools, exporting query results and more
- Console. Overview of the SQL Console, including Logs, Output, Tunes and Warnings of queries
- Left Side Panel. Overview of the SQL Editor Navigator, drag-drop access to data objects, tables, snippets and more
- Parameters. Overview of the Parameters Panel for accessing parameters like properties (PRO ONLY)
How to Open SQL Editor
You can start working with the Valentina Studio SQL Editor in several ways:
- From the toolbar, click “SQL Editor” button
- From the Schema Editor, double click a database
- Within the Schema Editor, select a database use the contextual menu and select “Open SQL Editor”
You are not limited to a single instance of the SQL Editor but can have as many as required.
- Detailed Information about SQL of ValentinaDB can be found in the Valentina SQL Reference.
- For the SQL Reference of other databases please check their documentation.