Register Existing Databases
Register pre-existing Valentina Databases with Valentina Server. For example you created it locally using Valentina Studio, or migrate a database from one instance of Valentina Server to another.
To register an existing database with Valentina Server, do one of the following steps:
- Drop the database into the 'databases' folder of your Valentina Server directory
- Register database to Valentina Server. You can do this in few ways:
- Valentina Studio – provides a front end GUI dialog to execute this operation using Valentina Studio Database Admin
- SQL way – you can use Valentina SQL command REGISTER DATABASE. You can execute this command from your application code or from the Valentina Studio SQL Editor. See Valentina SQL Reference for details.
- API WAY – you can use VServer.RegisterDatabase() method to execute registration from your application code. See Valentina API Reference for details.
This Registration action in background just INSERT one record into the MasterDB of Valentina Server. This record links full path of this new database to some name. Valentina Clients will specify this name for VDatabase.Open() method or in the Valentina Studio dialogs.