Valentina Release 5.6 Notes
- [NEW] Hash Indexes
- [API] New flag fIndexHashed
- [API] New Index property isHahed
- [SQL] Extension of column_constraint clause. Added HASH.
- [SQL] Extension of command
CREATE INDEX index_name ON TABLE [USING (DEFAULT | HASH)] ( column_name, … )
- [SQL] SHOW INDEXES now shows index_type column.
- [NEW][Docs] Valentina Database Indexes section.
- [Imp][Speed] Index optimization that was introduced in the v5.4 (Sept of 2013) improved to affect now Build Index algorithm of types > 4 bytes size, i.e. Double, LLong, ULLong, String and VarChar. Speed have go up about 2 times in our bench for string field with 1 million records.
- [Imp][Speed] One more index optimization for String Indexes. Speed go up to x10-x15 times! Read Blog Article.
- [NEW] Support of new Valentina DB index type - HASH INDEX.
- [NEW] Ability to show simple textual news from Paradigma into top-right message box in Toolbar.
- [Imp] - 6897: SQL Editor now works better with SQL files:
- TAB-panel have the name of the file;
- is shown for dirty files;
- can be saved by cmd+S into same file.