1. Jonathan Ashwell
  2. Valentina Database ADK
  3. Saturday, August 31 2019, 06:24 PM
  4.  Subscribe via email
I posted this on Mantis a few days ago but there was no reply, so I'm also posting here. Since moving to v9.5 and old problem has returned -- I am gettin reports of segment errors from users. I'm not seeing them myself, but I've had 3 more reports in the last 2 days. Is anyone else seeing these? The errors look like this:

"FILE: /Users/rz/.jenkins/workspace/VDB_HOTFIX_BUILD/sources/VKernel/FBL/prot/Structure_Storage/SegmentFile/FBL_SegmentFile.cpp FUNCTION: get_SegmentOffset LINE: 987" Owner name "misc.textField": Segment "377" is wrong. The last segment is "376"
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Jonathan Ashwell Accepted Answer
I know, but on the Mantis page you mentioned that the reports are all "off by one" segment errors and that might be a clue. An example is the best I can do. No one is reporting a reproducible series of steps to get it to happen on demand.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Database ADK
  3. # 1
Ruslan Zasukhin Accepted Answer
A database itself not helps so much. More interesting: what steps the user did before get this.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Database ADK
  3. # 2
Jonathan Ashwell Accepted Answer
The attachment (0.5 MB) wouldn't upload so I'm sending it via email.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Database ADK
  3. # 3
Jonathan Ashwell Accepted Answer
One users has sent me a database with such a segment error. I hope it's helpful.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Database ADK
  3. # 4
Jonathan Ashwell Accepted Answer
I've gotten two more reports today, this time it was a blob that had the problem (I do know that Text fields are blobs, too).

Error message: database engine error: "FILE: /Users/rz/.jenkins/workspace/VDB_HOTFIX_BUILD/sources/VKernel/FBL/prot/Structure_Storage/SegmentFile/FBL_SegmentFile.cpp FUNCTION: get_SegmentOffset LINE: 987" Owner name "misc.blobField": Segment "40" is wrong. The last segment is "39".

I've asked him to send me the database.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Database ADK
  3. # 5
Jonathan Ashwell Accepted Answer
Unfortunately these are reports from users who are working with the app normally. All of a sudden when a diagnose is done they see this error. I got another report just now, the error being like the one I reported above except for the field and segments involved.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Database ADK
  3. # 6
Ivan Smahin Accepted Answer
Yes, we see your report. No ideas for now, still thinking what can be a reason. Any additional info could be helpful.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Valentina Database ADK
  3. # 7
  • Page :
  • 1


There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

Categories

Announcements & News
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Studio
  1. 2 subcategories
Valentina Server
  1. 4 subcategories
Valentina Database ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Reports ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Other Discussions
  1. 0 subcategories
BETA Testing
  1. 0 subcategories
Education & Research
  1. 0 subcategories
Omegabundle
  1. 0 subcategories