1. François Van Lerberghe
  2. Valentina Database ADK
  3. Thursday, June 18 2020, 03:54 PM
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hello,
Converting an old database from v5.8 to v10.3, I got some errors in the diagnose report. These were reported only for empty tables. The diagnose for each of these tables is :

"Error. BitMap should have bytes corresponding to TableHeader.physicalRecCount.
We have TableHeader.physicalRecCount = 0
Bytes needed 16 + 0 = 16
but we have 0"

This is happening if I simply open the database with the newer ADK (in Xojo). Cloning the DB next solve the problems.

Is there a way to prevent these problems during opening/conversion ?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Ivan Smahin Accepted Answer
Hello, can you send me that v.5.8 db for testing?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Done, on your personal email address.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Ivan Smahin Accepted Answer
Something wrong - still no emails from you. Please, send it again to ivan_smahin@valentina-db.com
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
This was the address used, object : "Re: [#7523]: New reply added - Diagnose is showing problems after opening old DB".
Resent just now with object "Diagnose is showing problems after opening old DB".
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Ivan Smahin Accepted Answer
1. I've tried to open this db with pretty old vStudio (something like v.6.x - anyway, there is converting db as well) and get no errors in diagnose after it.
Then, I open converted db in current vStudio and get the same errors as you do.

2. Looking at the sources I've found no actions to change/convert anything except system tables there for this db version.

So, I'm pretty sure that db is initially a bit damaged (clone required). It is just more checks in the current version, so you get errors in current vStudio and no errors in prev. versions.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Thank you for looking at it.
Upon your explanation, it seems I have a lot of damaged database in my customers base, because I got several reports about this error...
Well. As I can solve the issue with a clone, it's not a showstopper for me.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :
  • 1


There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

Categories

Announcements & News
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Studio
  1. 2 subcategories
Valentina Server
  1. 4 subcategories
Valentina Database ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Reports ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Other Discussions
  1. 2 subcategories
BETA Testing
  1. 0 subcategories
Education & Research
  1. 0 subcategories