Valentina Studio / Valentina Studio Pro
Valentina Studio is the free, all purpose database management and forms client tool. Valentina Studio Pro combines database management with diagramming, forms creation, reporting and database continuous integration. Available on Windows, Linux and macOS.
- [New][Pro][Schema Editor] – Duplicate command in the contextual menu of a Table. In the dialog you can specify also [x] – RAM, [x] – Temporary flags for the duplicate. You can also specify that N records should be copied. Works for all databases: MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Valentina DB.
- [New][Pro][Form Editor] – The QProcess class, to run external applications, can be used to execute Bash scripts, AppleScript commands, etc.
- [New][Schema Editor] – improved “Generate SQL : Create” tab, adding flags [x] – RAM, [x] – Temporary for Table objects into a dialog Read more …
- [New][Schema Editor] – cmd+F keyboard shortcut moves focus to the SEARCH-field on the top right.
- [New][Schema Editor] – Filter based on the first column of a database
- [Imp][Data Editor] – Open SQL Editor, Query Editor, Server Admin for active database/connection from the toolbar.
- [Fix][SSH] – Fixed sending long packets via SSH. This makes the execution of long queries more stable.
- [Imp][Load Dump] – Update dump loading progress more frequently.
- [Imp][Load Dump] – Show the list of errors on the last page of the Load Dump wizard.
Notes on this update to Valentina Studio
MySQL does not expose a temporary table in SHOW TABLEs. To use it in the SQL Editor you should remember its name.
Valentina Server incorporates Valentina Reports Server, Valentina Forms Server and two database servers: Valentina DB Server and Valentina SQLite Server. Available for Windows, Linux, macOS and Raspberry PI.
- [Fix]8737 – VServer.Shutdown close all databases properly.
- [Fix]8746 – SystemBackupCatalog property changes do not impact to “BACKUP DATABASE” statement.
- [Imp]8741 – Use standard macOS authorization dialog in the Valentina Server preference pane. Support for Touch ID authentication to Start/Stop the server.
Valentina DB is Paradigma Software advanced, object relational database and available in Valentina DB Server (a part of Valentina Server) and Valentina DB ADKs (developer components for adding runtime database support to applications).
- [Fix]8744 – Error when doing SQL with 2 UNIONs
Valentina ADK for Xojo
Valentina Database ADK and Valentina Reports ADK are available on Windows, Linux and macOS (with Raspberry PI) for Xojo development. The Valentina ADK Client for Xojo also works with Valentina Server.
- [Fix]8739 – VPreparedStatement gives the wrong result if one parameter has an empty string
Notes on this update to Valentina ADK for Xojo
Xojo’s empty string looks like a nullptr (inside V4RB plugin), but it must be not an SQL-NULL for bind value. If you need to bind a NULL you should call the BindNull() method or use BuildArrayOfBinds() instead of BuildArrayOfBindsFromStrings(). In other words – you can not encode SQL-null using RealString.
This update is now available from the Paradigma Software downloads site. See also the announcement on the official Paradigma Software blog announcement for Valentina 10.1..