1. Dale
  2. Valentina Studio
  3. Пятница, Декабрь 07 2018, 07:10 AM
  4.  Подписаться через email
Hi,

I created a label to print qr code from a receiving list. This receiving list has quantity of items received. From there, I need to print the number of qr codes per item. For example, I have the following;

Items Quantity
------- ------------
Item A 15
Item B 10
Item C 25

Although I only have 3 items, I need to print 50 qr codes total (15 for item a, 10 for item b and 25 for item c). How to do this on Valentina Studio Pro?
Комментарий
There are no comments made yet.
Dale Ответ принят
It is working from Xojo if I revert to [SQL] in the report's pre-build with the statement "Call genqrlabels(1)". The thing is, I have to provide an explicit value as a parameter for the stored proc. If I switch to [Javascript] with this statement:

report.datasource.sqlSelect( "CALL genqrlabels(" + report.parameterValue( "pHeaderID" ) + ");" );


... this one works from Valentina Studio because I provide the value of pHeaderID at runtime. From xojo, it shows nothing. I suspect that the parameter passing from Xojo does not get into consideration during the initialization of the report in the statement:

mReport = mProject.MakeNewReport(strReportFile, vconnect, strSelect)


This is an excerpt from my xojo code:


mReport = mProject.MakeNewReport(strReportFile, vconnect, strSelect)

mReport.SetParameterValue("cCompany",ReportModule.CompanyName)
mReport.SetParameterValue("cAddress",ReportModule.CompanyAddress)
mReport.SetParameterValue("cEmail",ReportModule.CompanyEmail)
mReport.SetParameterValue("cWebsite",ReportModule.CompanyWebsite)
mReport.SetParameterValue("cLandLine",ReportModule.CompanyLandline)
mReport.SetParameterValue("cMobile",ReportModule.CompanyMobile)
mReport.SetParameterValue("cTIN",ReportModule.CompanyTIN)
mReport.SetParameterValue("pHeaderID",Str(me.HeaderID))


pHeaderID is passed AFTER the creation of the report not before, so I think the pre-build takes the default value instead and use it and cannot find the HeaderID value of "333" (your given default). Thus the report is blank.
Комментарий
There are no comments made yet.
Dale Ответ принят
Update: I tried changing the parameter pHeaderID value to "1" in Valentina Studio,still the result shows a blank report.
Комментарий
There are no comments made yet.
Sergey Pashkov Ответ принят
Hi Dale,

Thank you for the details, I think I recreated your structure but it still works for me from Xojo.

The report query is not executed in the MakeNewReport, but only when it is necessary - like getting the number of pages or printing, so it should not be a problem.

Have you tried also to pass a constant value to parameter, like:
mReport.SetParameterValue("pHeaderID", "1" )
Комментарий
There are no comments made yet.
Dale Ответ принят
My Dear Sergey,

Well, I'll be damned! You hit the nail on the head by suggesting to pass an explicit value instead of a variable. I just found out that I did not handle well the variable used to pass for the parameter to catch. Now my report works! You are a God-send, Sergey! Loads of thanks to you!!!
Вложения
Комментарий
There are no comments made yet.
Sergey Pashkov Ответ принят
You're welcome!
Комментарий
There are no comments made yet.
  • Страница :
  • 1
  • 2


There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

Categories

Announcements & News
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Studio
  1. 2 subcategories
Valentina Server
  1. 4 subcategories
Valentina Database ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Valentina Reports ADK
  1. 0 subcategories
Other Discussions
  1. 0 subcategories
BETA Testing
  1. 0 subcategories
Education & Research
  1. 0 subcategories
Omegabundle
  1. 0 subcategories